When booking an unfinished property, it is important to keep in mind that there may be some unfinished aspects of the property. This can include things like painting, flooring, and other cosmetic details. It is important to ask the developer about what will be finished and what will not. Sometimes, fixtures like kitchen cabinets or flooring will be considered “optional extras” and will need to be paid for separately.
It’s also important to be aware of any potential hazards associated with an unfinished property.
In addition, it is important to ask about when these finishing touches will be completed. If they are not completed by the time you move in, you may need to take on the responsibility yourself.
1. Location: Consider the surrounding neighborhood and commute.
One factor that is often overlooked is the surrounding neighborhood and commute. It is important to research the area and make sure it is safe and desirable. Ask about the surrounding development. Find out if there are any planned construction projects that could impact your daily life.
2. Finishes: Expect a “bare bones” finish with few upgrades.
3. Size: Make sure you know the square footage and layout.
4. Timing: Be sure to ask how long the construction will take.
4. Noise Levels
Be aware of the noise levels that may come along with living in an under-construction building. Jackhammers, drilling, and sawing can become very annoying after a while.
5. Liability: When booking an under-construction property, be aware that you may be liable for any damages that occur during the construction process.
5. Budget: Get an estimate of all associated costs, including furnishings.
6. Contract: Be sure to have a legally binding contract in place.
7. Developer: Research the developer and their past projects.
Another thing to consider when booking an under-construction property is the developer’s track record. Make sure to ask for references and read reviews online. The last thing you want is to invest in a property that never gets completed.
Finally, be sure to get a good understanding of the development schedule and what amenities will be available when the property is finished. Knowing this information in advance can help you plan your move accordingly.
Conclusion: Doing investment in Vijay Properties’ unfinished property can be a great way to save money